- Research Associate at Ruđer Bošković Institute, Department of physical chemistry
Fields of interest:
- Quantum molecular dynamics, reactive scattering, molecular collisions, rovibrational molecular spectrascopy.
Five selected publications:
- M.T. Cvitaš, P. Soldan, J.M. Hutson, P. Honvault and J.M. Launay, Ultracold Li + Li2 collisions: bosonic and fermionic cases, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 033201 (2005).
- M.T. Cvitaš, P. Soldan, J.M. Hutson, P. Honvault and J.M. Launay, Ultracold collisions involving heteronuclear alkali metal dimers, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 200402 (2005).
- M.T. Cvitaš and S.C. Althorpe, State-to-state reactive scattering in six dimensions using reactant-product decoupling: OH + H2→H2O + H (J=0), J. Chem. Phys 134, 223901 (2004).
- M.T. Cvitaš and S.C. Althorpe, A Chebyshev method for state-to-state reactive scattering using reactant-product decoupling: OH + H2→H2O + H (J=0), J. Chem. Phys 139, 064307 (2013).
- M.T. Cvitaš, S.C. Althorpe, Locating instantons in calculations of tunneling splittings: The test case of malonaldehyde, J. Chem. Theor. Comput. 12, 787 (2016).
The most importnat grants (as PI):
- 2007-2011 Ramon Jenkins Senior Research Fellowship, Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
Marko Cvitas received a Dipl. Inž. Degree in Phyiscs at University of Zagreb in 1999 and a PhD from Durham University, UK in 2004 under supervision of Professor Jeremy Hutson. In the period 2004.-2007., he was a postdoctoral fellow at University of Nottingam and Cambridge in the group of Professor Stuart Althorpe. From 2007.-2011., he was a Fellow of Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge, and since 2012. a Reasearch Associate at Ruđer Bošković Institute, Departement of physical chemistry. His research was initially focused on the quantum theory of molecular collisions in ultracold gases. Later, he worked on numerical methods for description of molecular collisions at higher energies, using quantum mechanics. Recently, the focus of his research has been on the development of numerical methods for semiclassical description of tunneling, with the aim of calculating rates and bound states in larger molecular systems. MC co-authored 15 publications in peer reviewed journals with cca 500 citations.
- Location: The Ruđer Bošković Institute